Thursday, August 7, 2008

I know...I know...

I know it has been a week since I posted last. We have been a little busy! David came in on Friday night for what might be his last time back until he comes home from deployment. Saturday we did some shopping for some things he is going to need to take with him out to sea. I also went to the "yard sales" Saturday morning. Even though I did stop at a few yard sales, this was my excuse to get out of the house without any questions so I could get the rest of the stuff we needed for his surprise party at church on Sunday.
Sunday rolled around and we managed to talk him into wearing his "working whites" uniform to church so that everyone could see him in uniform. He still had no idea...lol. As service was coming to an end, Preacher John announced that everyone was invited to stay for a cookout for David. He was SURPRISED! I must say, I was pretty slick at getting him to wear his uniform and him not have any idea...lol.
Then Monday, David, the boys, and I went fishing at the Southern Pines Reservoir. We were taunted by a fish when we got there. Just as David asked if there were really any fish in the lake, this fish flipped out of the water about 5 or 6 times in a trail about 10 foot long. I laughed and said yes...there are fish. Of course, we didn't even get a bite for the next 2 hours...lol!
Tuesday was supposed to be David's flight out, but it was cancelled and rescheduled for Wednesday morning at 6:15 (ugh). I had planned on meeting an old friend in Raleigh and going to the NC Museum of Natural Science after dropping David off at the airport. I was going to cancel since we weren't going to be in Raleigh and David said he wanted to go, so we went and still met Terri and her kids. We had a great time. Me, David, and my sister Lisa grew up with Terri and her brother and sister, so it was like old times. Terri is like an old friend that you could go without talking to for a long time and when you do talk again, it is like you just saw each other yesterday. She is really a great person and I love her!!
While we were there Terri told us that the history museum was across the way, so we went to that too! We really had alot of fun, and I am glad David got to go with us!
Wednesday morning...we had to be up at 3 am after not going to bed until about 12:30 to go to the airport. It was just me and David. I know one thing....I have flown since 9/11, but I have never seen airport security SO HARD to get thru. It took us every bit of an hour to get thru the ticket line, (I must thank them for giving me a pass to go to the gate with David, because he was in his uniform) get thru preliminary security checks, and then thru the regular security. Then of course his gate was wayyyyyy down at the end of the terminal...lol. We got down there and the plane was already boarding...so much for a quick breakfast with him before he left...lol. But, he flew without any problems, got there very safe and sound and is now enjoying a few days with momma before he deploys.
I want to thank everyone that came to his cookout on Sunday and took part in it. The love from our church and friends is very real and I am very grateful that the Lord led Fred and I in this direction. I also want to thank God for keeping David safe in his past and future ventures, because I know he will!
I want everyone to know, God will ALWAYS make a way out of no way if you ask him. Follow the Lord with all of your heart, and MIRACLES WILL HAPPEN!!

3 comments:

The Bullen's said...

Wow ! You HAVE been busy! So glad David enjoyed his time with you, and glad he got off safely. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers. I agree that God will work miracles. It's so awesome how He's pouring out his Spirit on people right now...it's been a long time since I've seen it in this fashion. I've been looking for it to happen and it's amazing!
Love you all, and we'll see you soon.

Ingrid :)

Cindy said...

Great post Carrie. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be at David's party, but I do pray for him daily!!

Love y'all,
Cindy

Terri said...

We had so much fun, too :)
Good thing we decided to go Tues, the Science museum was closed down on Wed. due to a fire sprinkler issue.
Sorry if I wasn't good company, I was so exhausted, and not hiding it very well!!!!
The kids and I are praying for David! We love you!

Christian Myspace Comments